"Dusty Shelves" Mixed By DJ IMANI (Old School Soul/Trip Hop/Future Soul/Downtempo)



























It seems that every time I question my obsession with Trip Hop, I get an extra boost of confidence to reassure myself that it's all good to keep spinning. I made the Burning Bridges mix a while back, after struggling to find a Trip Hop, Downtempo, Nu Jazz culture here in the Bay Area, and decided to move on. Then my homie DJ MIKAN, gives me a ton of new cuts before he moved to LA. It started to re-spark my lust for those raw beats and dirty, dark instrumental sounds.

I mixed this live a while back at a spot that we used to spin at together, and I used 7 of his tracks that he gave me. I have had this recording sitting on the shelves for months now, cause I'm still pissed that this music is not as big as I want it to be. But lately, with the winter coming, I have noticed that people are a little more down with it. So I am bringing it out of hiding. It starts off with some old school Soul, then is basically Trip Hop through the End. The sound levels may be clipping in a few spots.  Sorry.

1 - Tripping Out - Curtis Mayfield
2 - Son Of A Preacher - Dusty Springfield
3 - The World Is A Ghetto - War
4 - Superman Lover - Johnny "Guitar" Watson
5 - Miss Q'n - Zap Mama
6 - My Soul Ain't For Sale (Instrumental) - Jazzy Jeff
7 - Four Hills - DJ Day
8 - Hustle On - Evidence
9 - Bath Music - Greyboy
10 - Kix Jazz Pt. II - Kixnare
11 - King And I - Marc Mac
12 - Here's What's Left - RJD2
13 - Four Ton Mantis - Amon Tobin
14 - Moonpie - Cinema Recorded Music Cinema
15 - Downtown Brown - Ben Human
16 - Shadow - General Midi
17 - Shin-Sekai (with Rino) - DJ Krush
18 - Pretty Girl With A Crooked Smile - DJ T Rock & Squahy Nice
19 - Black Capricorn Day (Slum Village remix) - Jamiroquai
20 - Mental Invasion - DJ Cam
21 - Where Have They Gone - Harmonic 33
22 - Kanstrumental 5 - Kankick
23 - Give Thanks (Sound Providers Remix Inst) - Kero One
24 - Who's The Realest? - The Herbaliser
25 - Can I Get A Witness (Thievery Corporation remix) - Sofa Surfers
26 - Sometimes - B Tribe
27 - Immature - Bjork
28 - In The Garden - DJ Frane
29 - Duality - DJ Krush

Download The Tracks Individually Here

No comments: